Quality assurance / Coping with the Environment
R & D Center where we pursue our customers needs
In our development, we merge its vector with customer's view point to create a form of the idea. We have changed our development policy to pursue the quality through and through. Standardization and its analysis, quality guaranty and its verification, and by interlocking with production field to secure a reliability of a high level for our customers.
We are aiming at production of “Machine of No Break” which is appreciated at the zenith of the world.
For quality, we develop our product under our Quality-oriented Step which is referenced to New Product Development Step for Komatsu.
For technology, we develop our DANTOTSU product and enhance basic technology in corporation with R&D Division, and implement an effort to IOT.
For supplying a technical service of world top level, we have set up the training center to foster our excellent service and to improve their technique. Not only an instruction of our servicemen, but also instruction of our customers' operators of our machines is the first place, and the most important purpose of the Center. Additionally, in order to Manufacturing Equipment Supplier “Machine of No Break” , the mission of the Training Center is to make trainees master the production process from top-to-bottom, and make them share their knowledge with their coworkers.
How to Tackle Quality Control ISO9001
Komatsu NTC will strive to improve reliability of the products and structure of the company by aiming at “Manufacturing internationally competitive products” which obtains customers' trust and satisfaction.
- To meet the requests of customers, and supply the products of customer satisfaction.
- To improve continuously and effectively the quality management system.
- To set up the quality objective according to the quality policy, and execute it.
- To make all employees know the quality objective and enhance their will to get customer satisfaction.
- To evaluate the achievement degrees of customer satisfaction and quality objective, and to review the results.
Coping with the Environment
- Environment education for employee and organization.
- Inform everyone about importance of environment conservation.
- Raise environmental awareness and 3R activities.
- RReduce: waste reduction
- Reuse: use again
- Recycle: resours recycling
- Biodiversity conservation.
- Comply with environment-related requirements, laws and regulations, and enhance the environmental management level.
- Appropriate processing of wastes
- Prevent pollution from air, soil and water, and vibration and noise.
- Chemical substances management
- Develop environmental load reducing products and production activities.
- Inform interested person about environment-related information and enhance the environmental communication.
Development of environmental conservation activities
Energy saving and resource saving activities
- Reduce electricity usage
- Reduce paper usage
- Reduce hydraulic oil usage (enhance the reuse rate)
- Reduce packaging materials and use of propane gas, etc.
Waste reduction activities
- Enhance the recycling rate of high-quality paper
- Reduce wastes (ordinary combustible wastes)
- Recycle industrial wastes (synthetic plastics, etc.)
- Promote separate collection of wastes and visit final treatment enterprises
- Manage wastes (Manifesto: 100% treatment)
- Take charge of environmental laws and various regulations and ordinances
Environmental improvement activities
- Improve powder dust and bad odors (reduce thinner in painting processes and monitor dust powder)
- Reduce CO2 and NO2 (cultivation of kenaf, etc.)
- Prevent soil pollution
- Monitor the use and set up the system to control such chemicals as toluene and benzene (chemicals subject to the PRTR (Pollutant Release and Transfer Register) Law)
Development of environmental load reducing type products and assessment of environmental load at the design stage
- Develop environmental load reducing type products
- List the energy saving items and perform provisional estimation and assessment based on the assessment standard
- Collect information on ecological purchased products
- Trial operation toward the introduction of LCA (Life Cycle Assessment)
Operation and maintenance of EMS (Environmental Management System)
- Environmental education and training
- EMS spreading activities (issue of EcoNews and implementation of environmental patrol)